Canada is quickly becoming a premier tourist destination for travelers all around the world, thanks to its natural beauty, exciting cities, delicious food, colorful regions, and, of course, friendly and warm local people.
One of the most frequently asked questions is: Do Greeks need a visa for Canada?
The answer to that is yes, all Greek citizens need a visa in order to legally enter Canada. Thankfully, the process for obtaining a Canadian electronic travel authorization (also known as an eTA or a Canadian tourist visa) is quick, simple, and easy.
In fact, it is possible to get your Canada visa from Greece. That means no need to visit an embassy, no need to wait in line, and no need to have an in-person interview. The process can be done entirely online and in less than 30 minutes – we’ll walk you through the requirements and how to apply.
Candian eTA requirements for Greeks
There are a handful of Canada visa requirements from Greeks. All of the following requirements must be met before Greek citizens can begin their application for a Canadian eTA. These include the following:
- You must be arriving in Canada by air only (and not by a land border, such as from the United States) or by sea (such as a boat).
- Your Greek passport must be an e-passport (also known as an electronic passport or a biometric passport). The passport must be machine-readable since your Canadian eTA visa is electronically stored on your passport.
- Your visit to Canada must fall under the following purposes: tourism, business, transit, or medical. Travelers can not legally apply for work with a Canadian eTA – instead, they will need to apply for a work visa.
- Travelers must be over 18 to apply for the eTA. Otherwise, he or she will need the permission of their parent or guardian before they can do so.
How to apply for an eTA for Greek citizens
In order to apply for a tourist visa for Canada from Greece, travelers will need to fill out an online application. However, before starting an application, it is important to note that you will need to gather a few pieces of paperwork and provide a few pieces of information. We recommend gathering the following and keeping them close while filling out your application:
- A valid passport – All Greek citizens must have a valid biometric passport issued by the Greek government with at least 6 months’ validity, in order to get a Canadian eTA visa.
- Personal information – While filling out the application, all travelers will need to provide information about themselves such as their personal information (address, contact information), their occupation and employment, information about their passport, and their travel details
- A Phone, tablet, or computer – In order to fill out the application, travelers will need a device with internet access, such as a phone, tablet, or computer
- A valid form of payment – Finally, travelers will need a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the eTA application fees
Canada eTA application from Greece
Once the application is filled out, paid for, and submitted, travelers will need to wait for the approval. In the majority of cases, travelers can expect to receive a decision within a few minutes, although some requests can take several days to process due to demand or other factors.
Please note that once your visa to Canada (the Canadian eTA) is granted, it is electronically linked to the Greek passport that you used when filling out the application. The tourist visa to Canada (Canadian eTA) is valid for five years, or until your passport expires (whichever comes first).
The Canadian eTA is a multiple entry visa, which means that applicants are allowed to enter Canada as many times as they like as long as their visits are under 90 days in duration.
Whether you plan to visit Canada on a business trip, for medical treatment, or as a tourist, it is important to secure your visa before you start your trip. We recommend applying for your
Canadian eTA visa at least a few days in advance so that there is enough time to have it processed and ready.Apply for an eTA