However, before you can pack your bags and get on the next flight, it is important to note that all Danish travelers must have a visa before they are allowed into Canada. The good news is that the process to get a Canadian eTA is easy and takes less than 30 minutes to complete. Let’s take a look at the requirements and how to apply.
From the gorgeous clear water of Moraine Lake in Banff National Park, to the vibrant atmosphere of Vancouver, to the cheerfully colorful houses of Newfoundland, it’s no wonder why Canada is quickly becoming a country on everybody’s bucket list.
Do I need a visa for Canada from Denmark?
Yes, all Danish citizens are required to have a Canadian visa before they can legally enter the country of Canada. Thankfully, Canada has simplified the process for obtaining a visa and has introduced the Canadian electronic travel authorization (simply known as the Canadian eTA, or colloquially as a Canadian tourist visa). The process for obtaining the eTA is quick, simple, and it is possible to apply from the comfort of your own home.
All it takes is a computer, an internet connection, and a few minutes of your time to get started.
Canadian eTA requirements for Danish Citizens
If you are planning on applying for a visa for Canada from Denmark, there are a few requirements that you must have before you can start an eTA application. They include the following:
- You must be arriving in Canada by air only (and not by a land border, such as from the United States) or by sea (such as a boat).
- Your passport must be an e-passport (also known as a biometric passport) that is machine-readable. Passports issued before 2006 that are not biometric are not eligible for the Canadian eTA.
- Your visit to Canada must fall under tourism, business, transit, or medical. Travelers can not legally apply for work with an eTA.
- Travelers must be over 18 to apply for the eTA. Otherwise, he or she will need the permission of their parent or guardian.
If you tick off every point, then you are eligible to apply for a Canadian eTA.
Apply online for an eTA from Denmark
In order to apply for a Canada visa from Denmark, travelers must start an online application.
The process takes less than 30 minutes to complete and the decision will be sent to the applicant’s email address usually within one hour (although it may take more time due to demand or processing). The application will ask questions about the following:
- A valid passport from Denmark– Every applicant must have a valid Danish passport in order to get a Canadian eTA visa. We recommend having at least 6 months of validity in the passport so that there are no problems entering Canada
- Personal information – While filling out the application, all applicants will need to provide information that pertains to themselves (first and last name, address, contact information), their passport, employment, and their travel details/itinerary
- Phone, tablet, or computer – In order to fill out the application, applicants will need to have a device with internet access, such as a phone, tablet, or computer
- A valid form of payment – Applicants will need to have a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the eTA application fees
Please note that once your visa to Canada from Denmark (the Canadian eTA) is granted, it is electronically linked to your Danish passport. The tourist visa to Canada from Denmark is valid for five years, or until your passport expires (whichever comes first).
The Canadian eTA is a multiple entry visa, which means that applicants are allowed to enter Canada as many times as they like as long as their visits are under 90 days in duration. Any Danish traveler that wishes to stay in Canada for over 90 days will have to apply for a different visa.
No matter if you’re visiting Canada for fun, for business, or just transiting through the country, it is important to have a visa before you can enter. We recommend applying for your Canada eTA from Denmark at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance so that there is enough time to have it processed and ready. Plus, you’ll have happier and stress-free travels!Apply for an eTA