Complete and Submit the eTA Canadá Application Online
Pay the eTA Visa Canadá fee with Credir or Debir Card
Receive Approved Visa by email
- The majority of foreign citizens traveling to Canada are required to obtain a visa in order to enter the country. Citizens from a number of visa-exempt countries are able to enter Canada without a visa for short stays, but are required to complete an Electronic Travel Authorization application for Canada in order to do so.
- The Canada eTA was implemented in 2016 in order to pre-screen and determine the eligibility of foreign citizens to enter Canada.
- Upon approval, it is valid for a total of 5 years, and allows multiple entries of a maximum stay of 6 months each during this time.
eTA Application Process
In order to apply for the electronic travel authorization, applicants must first meet the eTA requirements for Canada. It is necessary to have:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival in Canada, from an eTA Canada eligible country
- A valid debit or credit card to pay the Canada eTA application fee
- A current email address at which to receive the eTA Canada application approval.
How can I apply for the Canadian eTA
Eligible citizens can apply for the Canada visa through the simple and straightforward eTA Canada application form online. Applicants are required to complete the form with some basic personal information such as name, nationality, and occupation, and passport details such the travel document number and issue/expiry date.
It is also necessary to answer a few questions related to health and security matters, and pay the eTA fee in order to submit the Canada visa application.
Those applying for a eTA Canada for a child are also required to provide some basic personal information as a representative of the minor.
How do I obtain an eTA to Canada?
Getting a Canada visa waiver is easy. After submitting the Canada eTA application form and receiving eTA approval, the travel authorization is electronically linked to the applicant’s passport and a copy will be sent to the email address provided.
Applicants who have dual nationality must take care to use the same passport to travel to Canada as that used for the eTA application process. When boarding an aircraft to Canada, airline staff will check that the passenger’s passport has a valid eTA Canada attached. If the wrong passport is presented, the traveler will not be permitted to board their flight.
Can I get an eTA at the Airport in Canada?
No, eligible citizens are required to submit an eTA for Canada application and receive approval before boarding a flight and arriving in the country.
In addition to presenting a copy of the eTA and the corresponding passport at the airport immigration control, travelers are also required to supply proof of sufficient funds to cover the stay in order to gain entry to Canada.
The eTA is only available for those travelers arriving by air in Canada. Travelers entering Canada by sea or land are not required to complete a Canada eTA application form, although they are still required to present acceptable travel documents and identification.
Who can apply for eTA Canada?
Citizens of the following countries are able to submit a Canada eTA application:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Czech Republic
- Falkland Islands
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn Island
- St. Helena
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
Canada eTA processing time
In most cases, the Canada eTA is quickly processed and approved. ETA approval is usually granted within 20 minutes, although in some cases this may take up to 24 hours.
Those who wish to travel to Canada for periods longer than 6 consecutive months, or for purposes such as to work, live or study, are required to submit a visa application form at a Canadian Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence.